go back toidiom
Definition of go back to
1 : to return to (a place) I had to go back to the store for milk.
2 : to have existed since (a particular period of time) a tradition that goes back to colonial times
3 : to think or talk about (something from the past) I'd like to go back to your earlier comment.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game