went away; gone away; going away; goes away
Definition of go away
1 : to leave a place or person She angrily told him to go away and stop bothering her.
2 : to leave home for a period of time They're going away on vacation. After graduating from high school, he went away to college.
3 : to stop existing or happening : to end I just wish there was some way to make the pain go away.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game