go awayphrasal verb
went away; gone away; going away; goes away
Definition of go away
1 : to leave a place or person She angrily told him to go away and stop bothering her.
2 : to leave home for a period of time They're going away on vacation. After graduating from high school, he went away to college.
3 : to stop existing or happening : to end I just wish there was some way to make the pain go away.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game