go along withidiom
Definition of go along with
1 : to go or travel with (someone) They were going to the fair so I asked whether I could go along with them.
2 : to agree to do or accept (what other people want) We tried to convince him to support us but he refused to go along with us. He refused to go along with our plan.
3 : to be part of (something) If I want the job I have to accept the stress that goes along with it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game