Definition of glow switch
: an inert-gas discharge tube in which one electrode is a bimetallic strip that bends as the tube warms up and contacts the other electrode thus short-circuiting the tube and which is used as a starting switch in fluorescent lamps
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game