Definition of glow switch
: an inert-gas discharge tube in which one electrode is a bimetallic strip that bends as the tube warms up and contacts the other electrode thus short-circuiting the tube and which is used as a starting switch in fluorescent lamps
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game