gloss overphrasal verb
glossed over; glossing over; glosses over
Definition of gloss over
: to treat or describe (something, such as a serious problem or error) as if it were not important He glossed over the accident. The problems were ignored or glossed over.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game