glo·ri·o·sa | \ ˌglōrēˈōsə, -ȯr-, -ˈōzə\
Definition of gloriosa
1 capitalized : a genus of tropical African and Asiatic climbing tuberous herbs (family Liliaceae) with flowers that are red or yellow and that resemble typical lilies
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Gloriosa
— called also climbing lily
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?