Definition of glass paper
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a strong paper faced with pulverized glass and used in abrading or smoothing slight irregularities in surfaces (as of wood)
2 : a paper made from extremely fine glass fibers and marked by high resistance to moisture, heat, light, and vermin
Definition of glass-paper (Entry 2 of 2)
: to abrade or smooth with glass paper
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game