Definition of glass electrode
: an electrode that consists typically of a glass tube sealed at the bottom with a thin-walled glass bulb containing a solution of constant pH (as a chloride buffer) and a silver-silver chloride reference electrode and that is immersed in an unknown solution usually along with a calomel electrode for determining the pH of this solution
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?