Definition of glass cutter
: one that cuts or scores glass: such as
a(1) : a worker who cuts sheets of glass into specific sizes (as for windowpanes, mirrors)
(2) : a worker who decorates the surface of glass by cutting, scoring, grinding, and polishing
b : a tool (as a metal hand tool equipped with a small wheel of hardened steel or a tool with a diamond point) used for cutting or scoring glass
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?