Definition of glamazon
: an exceptionally glamorous, tall, and self-assured woman Sofia Vergara steers into the casting curve as Daniella Riva, a feisty Colombian glamazon with an arsenal of tight dresses and a [loose] grasp on American idioms.— Leah Greenblatt At five-feet-six, she is not a model-bodied glamazon like her best friend… — Vogue —often used before another noun After seven hours of preparation, they emerge from the dressing room in glamazon armor—all heels, hair, and painted faces.— Cheo Hodari Coker
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game