give (something) a missidiom
Definition of give (something) a miss
chiefly British, informal
: to choose not to do (something) or go (somewhere) I had so much else to do that I decided to give the party a miss.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game