Definition of gingerbread plum
1 : a West African tree (Parinarium macrophyllum) that has a strong light-brown wood and edible fruit
2 : the fruit of the gingerbread plum having a soft mealy edible pulp, a kernel rich in oil, and a cottony protective layer around the seeds that is used locally for tinder
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game