Definition of giftbook
1 : a book intended for giving away
2 : an illustrated literary miscellany (as of verse, tales, and sketches) in vogue for gift purposes in the second quarter of the 19th century in the U.S. and published annually in ornamental format
— called also annual, keepsake
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?