gib·let | \ ˈjiblə̇t also ÷ ˈgi-, usually -ə̇t + V\
variants: or less commonly jiblet \ ˈji- \
Definition of giblet
1 : an edible visceral organ of a fowl —usually used in plural
2 giblets plural, archaic : odds and ends : trifles the great ladies with their grace, lace, and giblets— Peter Hawker
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game