giant star grassnoun
Definition of giant star grass
: a perennial grass (Cynodon plectostachyum) that has stems attaining a height of three to four feet and that is used especially in Africa and India for pasture and hay
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game