Definition of giant salamander
1 : a large edible salamander (Megalobatrachus or Cryptobranchus maximus) of Japan and China that attains a length of three to five feet
2 : hellbender
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game