Definition of giant petrel
: a large dusky brownish petrel (Macronectes giganteus) chiefly of antarctic seas that has a heavy pale-colored beak and approximates an albatross in size though not in wingspread
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game