get/have an eyefulidiom
Definition of get/have an eyeful
: to see something very clearly or to see a lot or too much of something They wanted to see nature and got an eyeful during the camping trip. —often refers to seeing something shocking, such as a person who is naked I opened the door to the locker room and got quite an eyeful.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game