get/go back to (the) basicsidiom
Definition of get/go back to (the) basics
: to return to a simpler way of doing something or thinking about something The restaurant is getting back to basics in terms of food, using fresh ingredients to make simple, good food.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?