get through to (someone)idiom
Definition of get through to (someone)
1 : to be clearly expressed to and understood by (someone) I've talked to him many times, but I just can't seem to get through to him.
2 : to make a successful telephone call to (someone) Where were you? I've been trying to get through to you (on the phone) all day!
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game