Definition of get oneself together
1 : to begin to live in a good and sensible way : to stop being confused, foolish, etc. Her life got much better when she stopped drinking and got herself together.
2 : to begin to function in a skillful or effective way The company finally got itself together and started making a profit this year.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game