get one's jolliesidiom
Definition of get one's jollies
US, informal + disapproving
: to get a feeling of enjoyment or excitement She doesn't think much of people who get their jollies from watching violent movies.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game