get one anywhereidiom (1)
Definition of get one anywhere
(Entry 1 of 3)
: help one solve problems —used in negative statements Arguing will not get us anywhere.
get what's coming to oneidiom (2)
Definition of get what's coming to one (Entry 2 of 3)
: to get the punishment one deserves He's a dirty cheat, and I'm going to see that he gets what's coming to him.
let's get one thing perfectly clearidiom (3)
Definition of let's get one thing perfectly clear (Entry 3 of 3)
: I want you to understand completely —usually used to express anger Let's get one thing perfectly clear. I want this work finished by this afternoon.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game