Definition of get lucky
1 : to have good luck : to succeed because of good luck We thought all the tickets might have already been sold, but we got lucky—there were still a few left when we arrived.
2 informal : to succeed in finding or getting someone to agree to have sex with one He's hoping to get lucky tonight.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game