get around to (something)idiom
Definition of get around to (something)
: to do or deal with (something that one has not yet done or dealt with) Don't you think it's about time you got around to tidying your room? I've been meaning to call her, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Sooner or later we'll have to get around to the subject of taxation.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game