get (something) off one's chestidiom
Definition of get (something) off one's chest
: to tell someone about (something that has been making one upset or unhappy) You've been a little cold to me lately. Is there something you'd like to get off your chest?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game