Definition of geodesic dome
: a dome or vault made of light straight structural elements largely in tension the principle of the geodesic dome is an effort to reduce most structural stresses to tensions … and to reduce the weight of the structure to a point at which the building and the manufacture of building parts will be more economical— Peter Blake
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game