Definition of geocentric latitude
1 : the celestial latitude of a body as seen from the earth's center
2 : the angle between the plane of the celestial equator and a line from the earth's center to a given point on the earth's surface — compare terrestrial latitude
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game