Definition of genet
(Entry 1 of 3)
: any of a genus (Genetta) of small Old World usually carnivorous viverrid mammals related to the civets and having retractile claws, spotted or striped fur, and a ringed tail
Genetbiographical name (1)
Definition of Genet (Entry 2 of 3)
Edmond-Charles-Édouard 1763–1834 Citizen Genet French diplomat in U.S.
Genetbiographical name (2)
Definition of Genet (Entry 3 of 3)
Jean 1910–1986 French dramatist and novelist
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game