Definition of genet
(Entry 1 of 3)
: any of a genus (Genetta) of small Old World usually carnivorous viverrid mammals related to the civets and having retractile claws, spotted or striped fur, and a ringed tail
Genetbiographical name (1)
Definition of Genet (Entry 2 of 3)
Edmond-Charles-Édouard 1763–1834 Citizen Genet French diplomat in U.S.
Genetbiographical name (2)
Definition of Genet (Entry 3 of 3)
Jean 1910–1986 French dramatist and novelist
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?