general service carnoun
Definition of general service car
: a railroad car suitable for carrying a variety of classes of freight especially : a gondola car having practically the entire bottom composed of drop doors hinged at the center to dump outside of the rails
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game