Definition of gelatin process
: any of various processes involving the use of gelatin: such as
a : a photographic process in which gelatin is used as the dispersing vehicle for the sensitive silver salts
c : a method of producing facsimile copies of a written or drawn original with a pad of gelatin (as in a hectograph)
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?