gee·bung | \ ˈjēˌbəŋ\
Definition of geebung
: any of numerous chiefly Australian shrubs and small trees that constitute a genus (Persoonia) of the family Proteaceae, have hard narrow leaves and long-lasting yellow or white flowers, and produce small edible but insipid 1-celled or 2-celled drupes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game