Definition of gear ratio
: the ratio of the angular speed of the initial or driving member of a gear train or equivalent mechanism to that of the final or driven member specifically : the number of engine revolutions per revolution of the rear wheels of an automobile
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game