gau·ra | \ ˈgȯrə\
Definition of gaura
1 capitalized : a genus of American herbs (family Onagraceae) having flowers in terminal spikes or racemes
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Gaura
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game