Definition of gastroplasty
: a surgical procedure performed on the stomach to decrease its size or repair a defect The more commonly performed procedure is gastric reduction (gastroplasty) with or without an intestinal bypass. Gastroplasty with a bypass can initially result in substantial weight loss, and approximately 80 percent of patients remain at least 10 percent below their preoperative body weight for 10 years after surgery …— Michael Rosenbaum et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game