Definition of gaseous diffusion
: diffusion of gases through a porous barrier at a rate of speed in direct proportion to the weight of the molecules, being used as the basis of a method of separating isotopes (as fissionable uranium 235 from the nonfissionable uranium 238)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game