Definition of gas vent
1 : a passage or slot built into a sedimentation chamber to allow the escape of gas and prevent its passage through the settling chamber
2 : a vent pipe leading to the outer air from a gas furnace, oven, or other gas-fired equipment for removal of products of combustion
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game