Definition of gas fitting
1 : the trade or occupation of a gas fitter
2a gas fittings plural, archaic : the equipment (as piping, valves, and meters) conveying gas from the main to the fixtures of an individual installation
b : one of the pipe fittings of a gas-supply installation
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game