Definition of gas fitting
1 : the trade or occupation of a gas fitter
2a gas fittings plural, archaic : the equipment (as piping, valves, and meters) conveying gas from the main to the fixtures of an individual installation
b : one of the pipe fittings of a gas-supply installation
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game