Definition of gas constant
: a general constant in the equation of state of gases that is equal in the case of an ideal gas to the product of the pressure and volume of one mole divided by the absolute temperature — see gas law sense c
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game