Definition of garlic shrub
: either of two plants the bruised foliage of which smells like garlic:
a : a tropical American woody vine (Adenocalymna alliacea) of the family Bignoniaceae
b : guinea-hen weed
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game