gam·be·son | \ ˈgambəsən, -bəzən\
Definition of gambeson
: a medieval garment of stuffed and quilted cloth or leather originally worn under the hauberk as a pad but later used alone as a defensive garment
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game