ga·le·ro | \ gəˈle(ə)r(ˌ)ō\
Definition of galero
: the flat-crowned wide-brimmed tasseled red hat formerly worn by Roman Catholic cardinals
— called also cardinal's hat
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?