gal·bu·lus | \ ˈgalbyələs, ˈgȯl-\
plural galbuli\ -ˌlī \
Definition of galbulus
: a spherical closed fleshy cone of thickened or fleshy peltate scales (as in the cypress)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game