Definition of galah
: an Australian cockatoo (Eolophus roseicapillus synonym Cacatua roseicapilla) that has the back, wings, and tail gray and the head and underparts various shades of rosy pink, that sometimes is a pest in wheat-growing areas, and that is often kept as a cage bird
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game