noun fyl·fot \ˈfil-ˌfät\

Definition of fylfot

Origin and Etymology of fylfot

Middle English, device used to fill the lower part of a painted glass window (from a conjectural manuscript reading)

First Known Use: 1842

Learn More about fylfot

Seen and Heard

What made you want to look up fylfot? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).