fuss overphrasal verb
fussed over; fussing over; fusses over
Definition of fuss over
: to pay a lot of attention to (someone or something) in a nervous or excited way Everyone fussed over the baby. He spent hours fussing over the details of the speech.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game