fu·sa·role | \ ˈfyüzəˌrōl\
Definition of fusarole
: a rounded usually beaded convex molding placed under the echinus of capitals in the Doric, Ionic, and Corinthian orders
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game