fu·ro·ic acid | \ (ˈ)fyu̇¦rōik-\
Definition of furoic acid
: either of two crystalline monocarboxylic acids C4H3OCOOH derived from furan especially : the alpha or 2-derivative obtained by oxidation of furfural and used chiefly as a preservative
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game