Definition of funeral chapel
1 : a room in a funeral home used for funerals and often for the viewing of the deceased by mourners
2 : a building containing a funeral chapel : funeral home
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game