Definition of fundamental complex
1 : a widespread complex assemblage of highly metamorphic rocks that is the foundation of the geological column : the Archean rocks
2 : an assemblage of metamorphic rocks in any region and of any age that unconformably underlies the sedimentary or unmetamorphosed rocks of the region
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?